Monday, November 10, 2008

National Vanilla Cupcake Day!

Happy Cupcake Day Folks,


So for the beloved cupcake holiday I made some cupcakes for a playdate. And I think they turned out YUMMY! They got good reviews from friends, and hubby, and yums and oohs from the kiddos. I tried a new cake recipe that I found on foodnetwork.com, you can find it
here. It was a very rich, buttery cake, and yet still light and airy. And the vanilla flavour came through wonderfully - though I always use more than a recipe calls for.
The buttercream is Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Buttercream - as found
here.
I took a couple of pics a little late in the day, but here they are....



Whatcha think?

Love Big, Bake Often
Tania

1 comment:

PheMom said...

Those look gorgeous! You'll have to tell me what tip you used to get that pretty ruffle-y frosting swirl.