Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

A while ago I was perusing the blogs that I like to keep an eye on and stumbled on this recipe for these delicious cookies. Bakerella posted this recipe and it totally appealed to me, I couldn’t wait to try them. So with a playgroup tomorrow morning, I decided that these would be perfect. A yummy treat for the moms and a cookie that actually had some vegetable in it for the kiddos. A perfect combination.
Here are some pics that I took:
First batch into the oven…

And after I re-consulted Bakerella instructions, I remembered to add in a couple of chocolate chips on top to make them look prettier when they bake. And we are all about pretty cookies…

I took some pictures of the finished project, but the light was gone and they didn’t turn out very well. I’ll take some more tomorrow when the light is better.

For now, here is the recipe:
2 1/4 cup self-rising flour
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Whisk together flour and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter.
Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla.
Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
Add flour/spice mixture to sugar mixture in three additions. Alternate with pumpkin in two additions, ending with flour mixture.
Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chunks.
Drop on cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about four dozen cookies.
Let cool
.

No comments: