Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday... thanks....

Well today was a good day - for the most part. I had a lousy night's sleep, I am feeling quite congested and have a bit of sinus pain. I took the boys for a playdate at a friend's house for a birthday celebration for two of Aiden's little buddies. They had a good time. Though I totally lost my cool with Jakob at the end - I didn't mean to, just was feeling crappy and had had enough. But then when we got home Aiden refused to nap again. He has been restless sleeping the past couple of days. I was hoping it was just his molars coming in, but wanted to be sure so we took both the boys in to the Dr. Turned out Aiden is fine - just teething so far. But Jakob, who complained of ear ache yesterday, has some fluid in his right ear - though the tube is in place and fine. So Jakob is on drops for his ear, Aiden is taking some tylenol and orajel for his teeth. But we can always find things to be thankful for. So here is today's rundown:
Jakob is thankful for Bees today. He likes that they fly, that the buzz, and especially that they make honey - because Jakob loves honey.
Daddy is thankful for playtime. Tonight while I was vegging out in front of the TV, trying to forget that my head felt like an elephant was sitting on it - or a rhino like Jake said, Jason was in the boys room (currently known as the Machine Room) playing with the boys. Totally ignoring bedtime, the boys played cars until 8:30. There were lots of giggles and fun car sounds coming from the room.
Now my turn, today I am thankful for .... ready now - try not to laugh too hard. BACON. I am thankful for bacon. I love that everything tastes better with bacon. I made some bacon tonight to go with some leftover frittata that I had made a couple of nights ago, and the bacon made it just like new. It is such a wonderful bit of salty goodness. There you have it, bacon.

Strange thankfuls today, well at least Jake and mine are pretty strange.

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep tonight, especially Aiden and I. I need it. And would like to not wake myself with my own snoring! Ahhh... sinus congestion - wonderful.

Love Big, Bake Often
Tania

No comments: