Monday, January 26, 2009

Biggest Loser, and some Awesome Dinners!

So the time has come for me to get serious. I have managed to put on even more weight than I had on after my babies. I have put on about 17 lbs in the past two months. Ridiculous, I know! And so now I have decided to kick it in the pants. There are so many great clothes in my closet that I have not been able to wear since Korea 5 years ago! And that to me is unacceptable. The army base has decided to run their version of the Biggest Loser. I signed up. I have a partner, Angie, and she and I have similar goals. We both weighed in about the same, and both hope to lose about the same amount of weight. I think we will be a good team. I don't see us winning (sorry Angie!), but I see us meeting our goals. We are both determined to do this. Angie's husband is currently deployed and she wants to look great for when he gets home, and I want to look great before mine has to leave me. Now on to the meals...

So with this new weight loss plan I made a couple of really tasty low cal meals. Last night we had lemon chicken with asparagus over whole wheat pasta. It was easy, quick and super yummy. And tonight I made Shrimp Stirfry with sweet chili sauce over brown rice. Delish!! I don't really have recipes for either dish - I kinda threw it all together. But it was simple. My tip is work with what you've got. And avoid all the butter, oil, and fatty meat. Oh, and triple your veggies - they will fill you up and are soooooo good for you. And I am starting to like them too!!

That's it for now. More lighter meals to come. And don't worry, I am still baking my heart out! Trying a new cookie recipe tomorrow, so stay tuned!!

Take care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

1 comment:

ANgie B said...

i dont think we would win either but its not about winning for me its the motivation of getting healthier and like you said fitting into awesome clothes!!!!!