Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK jr

Happy Birthday MLK Jr.! I really don't remember this day being a holiday for us up in Canada when I lived there. I don't remember having the day off from school or work. I remember studying him and his speech every year while in school.
I thought about trying to teach Jakob about him this year, but I don't think he would get it. I talked to him about MLK a little and he was interested for about 20 seconds. Not quite the attention span yet.
But tomorrow will be a big day in our house. We look forward to watching the inauguration. I am going to watch it with the kids. I am sure they will just be playing around and not getting any of it, but there will be an excitement in the air and red, white and blue treats to be had. I have invited some of the other mamas over but so far no takers - not too many democrats here I guess.


Take Care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'd come to your party! I think I'm going to miss the swearing in because I'll be picking them up, but I'm going to watch it before and after that, taping what I miss. O, Happy Day!

ANgie B said...

awwwww man i would come to your party too if we didnt have 50 million things to do tommorrow okay so we really only have three but i am sure you know how it is:)Justins sports physical expires and he wants to sign up for soccer so got t o get him to the dr grrrrr.. but anyway that cupcake looked delicious and your little trivet is so cute! and the picture that you took of the ""Last bite"" is awesome too!