Monday, May 11, 2009

31 Days to a Build a Better Blog

Well....I have done it. I signed up for another blogging event, put together by Problogger - check it out here. On top of being adopted by Rachelle and being mentored by her, I signed up for some help and exercises to help build my blog to be all that it can be! Smart, eh? I also have a buddy in this event...I have mentioned Jen, from Piccante Dolce, before....she and I are hoping to inspire and support each other while we work on our blogs. And we both are giving each other some slack to.... well, slack off! If needed!

The first day's assignment is to come up with an "elevator pitch"..... which is:

"An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty seconds or 100-150 words).” - Wikipedia

I thought long and hard about this one...and sought inspiration from others, and from my "about me" section of this blog...so it will probably sound familiar....
here we go...

The life of a stay at home mom who loves to bake and cook for those she loves, and the insane challenges of doing so while raising two boys and a husband.

So what do you think...does it sum me up? Is it catchy? Does it make you want to read more? Hope so....because that is what it is suppose to do! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Please! I need the constructive criticism! I can take it! (I think!)

Take care,
Tania
Love Big, Bake Often

7 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I like it, but might change the beginning to "the chronicles of" or "the story of" or "the adventures of" rather than "the life of"
Nancy

Aimée said...

Sounds familiar! Hmm, oh yeah, I'm in the same boat!

OK, honest feedback: it's good, but not super catchy yet. How about an adj before STHM? What kind of an SAHM are you? Dreamy? Caffeinated? Sleepy? Frazzled?
Also, how does your hubby feel about being 'raised'?

Seriously this is a great exercise, I wish I had done it ages ago.
Have fun!

CB said...

I like it. I'm thinking of tweeking mine now. Something shorter and catchier but I am just not feeling very clever right now so my long run on sentence will have to do. ;)
/Clara

Rachelle S said...

You're a busy body! =)

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is to change the first LOVE to another word since you're using it twice. Maybe you adore baking?

Off to try to figure out the 31 days thing.

Jamie said...

HI! Great exercise. I would ask how your blog is different from the 1000s of other mommy and baking blogs. That would be great to include because now nothing says this is Miss T to me. Because you're a Canadian and US Army wife in small town South? Trying to make mini desserts instead of big ones (you do seem to shrink all the portions)?? Finally, it might help to clarify what you want for your blog--1000s of readers? a book deal? baking education--for you? for your readers? parenting advice? information sharing--with strangers? with family? That will also change how you view it. Good luck!

Jen H said...

The idea is totally there, what about "The chaotic life of a stay at home mom, who loves to bake, and the insane challenges of raising two boys and a husband"

It's a bit more concise, I know you do more than bake but it might be better to chose to use the work cook or bake and you def seem more the baker. I think you might be able to work a little more of your personality in too.

I'll let you know when I post mine

Jen H said...

J - your comments are really good and have helped me work on my elevator pitch too!