Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lavender Sugar Cookies

Let me just start off by apologizing for the lack of pictures with this post.  I had the camera out at the book fair yesterday and the batteries ran out.  And of course today while out shopping I knew that there was one thing that I was forgetting, and for the life of me couldn’t remember and of course those were it.  And once home and remembered right away, I refused to go back out as Sunday’s are a very lazy day for me these days.

So I have a recipe for you…and they turned out really great.  But no pretty pictures of cookies surrounded by lovely purple lavender. You will just have to picture them.  Perfect circles of yummy goodness, coated in sugar with bits of fragrant lavender peeking through the dough.  Can you see it?

Here is the recipe, I kind of adapted from Susan, at She’s Becoming Doughmesstic’s, Sugar Cookie Recipe.

Lavender Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup cream cheese, softened

1 cups white sugar

2 eggs

3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoons baking powder

1 tsp Lavender

In mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and lavender until incorporated. Cover and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).  Then roll tbsps of dough into balls, coat in sugar, and flatten balls with the bottom of a glass.  Bake at 390F for about 10 minutes.  Transfer to a rack to cool….pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!

They are fantastic.  And soon I will show you a picture of them….I promise!

Take Care,

Tania

Love Big, Bake Often

 

5 comments:

Team Wallace said...

These were incredible!!!! Absolutely perfect and should be made on a daily basis.

Amanda said...

I can picture them now and they are lovely! :)

Steph said...

I would love to try baking with lavendar!

Jamie said...

And I have lavender just waiting. But what should I do with my rosewater?? I know you'll have something in mind . . . .

AmyRuth said...

I have her recipe in my google docs. So there you have it. I'm sure they were darling little circles. Can't wait to give it a try.