Monday, February 7, 2011

Monkey Monday

I am working on figuring out a way for Jakob to say goodbye to his friends.  We are moving in less than two weeks.  He is very excited about the move, but a little sad about the friends he will be leaving behind.  Jakob is a well loved boy…he has made many good friends here, and they have voiced how much they will miss him.  So how do I do this? 

Maybe Jakob is old enough to start having pen pals.  I could help him write letters, we could put the stamps on together, mail the letter together.  I think it would be fun for both of us.  Could be as simple as a postcard, a picture, a special treat.  I have been wanting to do this with my cousin, Michelle’s little girls (she has three beautiful little ones), for a while, and I have decided now is the time!  As well as the friends Jakob is leaving here.

As I have mentioned before, my grandmother was the most amazing woman when it came to keeping in touch and corresponding with family and friends.  She started at a young age with friends in Germany, they kept a journal and mailed it around to each of them who filled pages with updates of what they were up to, how they were doing, etc.  What a wonderful idea.  For years and years, these women kept in touch.   My Omi was the best at keeping in touch with us grandchildren too, I always knew when I found an envelope from her in the mailbox that it would be filled with wisdom and love.  Now that she is gone I truly miss the anticipation of a letter from her.

Today I am looking for tips, links to ideas on how to get your child interested in being a pen pal, and of course cute boy stationary…LOL.   Help a girl out?

No comments: