Monday, May 16, 2011

Monkey Monday

 

I got my “craft on” yesterday.  I use to be a big crafter.  I would obsess over scrapbooks, card making, knitting (failed miserably), attempted to crochet, quilting, stamping….you name it – I have the supplies for it.  Seriously, I have enough crafting supplies to open a small store.  When we lived in CT I would visit the JoAnn Fabrics so often they knew Jakob by name!   But baking and cooking have temporarily taken over my creative brain.  I really should sort through all the crafting supplies and sell some of it…to pay for new baking pans and sprinkles. 

I saw a picture of this on Pinterest (if you love to be inspired by all things beautiful you must check out pinterest) and thought it would be a fun thing to make for the students in Jakob’s class.  A cute little incentive to do some reading.  And it involves gummy candy…come on, we all love gummy worms.

may16 044

So easy.  I took little cellophane bags (the same ones I use for my cookies), put in three gummy worms, and staple on the cute little tag.  I downloaded some free tag templates, glued onto red card stock and folded it over the top of the bag. 

Jakob was SO excited to take them to school and hand out to his friends.  And they were all pretty happy to receive them.

Are you allowed to take in treats like this to your child’s class??  If so, what do you like to take in for a special treat?  Ideas and links always appreciated!

1 comment:

Two Minute Takes said...

Very cute idea. Funny, I just spent a very rainy and cold afternoon cleaning out my own craft room!